WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Insight dat export issues

I have 4 insights that appear to be the same. I get weekly exports from all 4. Only 1 comes back with the full daily summary data and readings every half hour. 2 come back with no daily summary data but reasonable readings every half hour. The other insight only has believable data for the dailly summary table but the every-half-hour readings are gibberish. This has consistenly been the case for about a year. Firmware and all appear to be up to date.

Re: Insight dat export issues

@holden2000

What workarounds have you done prior to this setback? May we know what devices have you connected to the 2 Insight Switches? Have you tried rebooting or resetting your Switches to observe if the same results appear?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response. At this point, I've only tried rebooting the wemos, as well as keeping the firmware up to date. I have a fishtank setup attached to one, a humidifier attached to another, and various things attached to the others. When you say "reset", there appear to be various options. Should I do "Erase all content and Settings" or is there a less severe reset?

Thanks, and I'll keep a close eye out for a reply.

@holden2000

Not a problem! A reset will erase all content and settings that we have saved on the units, and need to be reconfigured. Though there are two ways on how to do so, we recommend to do the manual hard reset. Once done, you can try associating another email address on these affected units and see if the same results will recur. Run the latest Wemo App version or try another handheld devices on exporting the data for further isolation.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for the reply. Resetting the insights seemed to fix the "every half hour" data, I may have performed the reset too late for the daily summary data to take effect. What does changing the email address that the export gets sent to do? I have another email address, but it seems odd that changing that would have an effect.

Hi holden2000. Please consider relocating the Wemo device. This may be a signal/range concern. Changing the Email address on your account is just a work around to further check the results to properly isolate the issue.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

The reset seems to have fixed the bad data issues on each of my wemo insights. It looks like 2 of my 4 insights must be some older version, as they still don't provide the daily summary table in the export files. They are both very close to my wireless router, so I don't think location is an issue. Since all are providing reasonable data, I think I'm fine without the daily summary tables.

thanks for the help.