WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re-connecting dimmer to HomeKit

I have a Wemo dimmer which was connected to Homekit. I had a brief power outage and the dimmer was fussy afterward; I re-set its WiFi settings via the Wemo app, and it is now working properly (controllable with the Wemo app and with Alexa), but it is no longer visible on Homekit.

On the Wemo app in the Homekit section, the dimmer has a checkmark beside it, indicating that it's connected to Homekit.

The Home app can see the dimmer when I tell it add accessory/don't have a code, but it requires me to enter the "8-digit Homekit setup code found in the devide packaging or on the device". I installed the dimmer months ago and no longer have the packaging, and would prefer not to open up the  wiring box again if I don't have to (and I don't recall any 8-digit setup code on the dimmer anyway, because it wasn't Homekit compatible when I got it).

How can I re-connect the dimmer to Homekit?

Re: Re-connecting dimmer to HomeKit

Let's look further into this matter, iayork. When did you notice that Apple HomeKit lost connection to the Wemo dimmer? Is the Wemo dimmer working properly on the app? Take note that there is no 8-digit code on the Wemo dimmer's hardware. 

For isolation, please make sure that the Wemo app is running on its latest version. You may check this link, and follow the necessary steps given to connect to Apple HomeKit (the link is intended for Wemo switch mini but the process is the same).

If it is unable to connect, let's try to use a different handheld device and reboot the Wemo dimmer. Hope this helps. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

• Yes, the dimmer is working fine with the Wemo app and with ALexa
  • The app and the dimmer firmware are all up to date.
  • I have already tried different devices with no success

The link you point to is not helpful. It explains how to walk through the process until the final step, "Step 6. Your Wemo Mini will be listed under the Connected section.  You have successfully connected your Wemo Mini to the Apple Home app."

As I said in my original question, the dimmer is already listed under the Connected section in the Wemo app, and yet it is not connected to the Apple Home app. My question is what I can do in this situation.

Highlighted

@iayork 

Try to force close the app, clear phone cache, or uninstall-reinstall the Wemo and Homekit App as a fresh start. You can then retry integrating the unit back to Homekit. Make sure that the handheld devices being used are equipped with the latest iOS version. If they are, please restart the Wemo Dimmer as well as the phone, do a hard reset, reconfigure, and reintegrate. 

An email to our Escalation Engineers would be our last resort with the following details if issue still recurs. Email us at WemoCares@belkin.com and let's have them run further diagnosis. 

- Current version of the Wemo App and the phone's operating system.

- MAC Address of the Wemo Dimmer.

- Community Username.

- The link to this thread for our reference. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support