WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Mini broadcasts local switch network after setup

I have the same issue. I purchased a single unit that does not broadcast after setup. I then purchased the 3 pack Wemo mini and all three broadcast ssid after setup.

Power and Factory resets do not help.

Hello WillRose. If I may ask, what's the LED status of the Wemo devices? How far are they from the router? We suggest that during setup, you put the devices near the router for a more stable connection during setup. You may also try to plug the devices to another outlet nearest to your router.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

You're not following along Mark.  Robert S acknowledged this as a bug in Jan 2017 and promised that it was being addressed.

2 years later you shouldn't be asking us the status of the LED or that we contact wemo cares.  As the OP said the device is setup and working, yet it continues to broadcast it's internal SSID.  Despite assurances from Belkin/Renaldo_P Sept 2018 that this is perfectly safe, if you can't fix it after 2 years then you don't really know what's causing it so shouldn't be promising us that it's safe.

You've been given many detailed recreation steps in this thread.  In any of your multiple "note taking" and "endorsements" of our reports, has any of your "engineers" actually tried to recreate let alone fix the problem?

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

[ Edited ]

Been having the same problem. Resetting does nothing! 

I have 8 switches, so this is one eternal game of whackamole. 

What gives, Belkin?