WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo - Google Home connection issue

@xmannl

To clarify, do you have other smart devices that are working fine through your Google Home? Did you also try unlinking and re-link them again? If yes, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so you will be assisted further with our Engineers. Do include providing the above details requested by Nestor_C.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Today is Dec. 30th and I am having the same issue. Does not work by Voice from my Google Home but works through the WEMO app. How do I fix this issue so that I can continue using voice.

I'm having the same problem. Wemo switches stopped working with Google Assistant. I've tried resetting the switches, unlinking my wemo account from Google, toggling remote access, and even resetting my router. Consistently only my Wemo switches have problems. I have several other smart devices by Tp link and Lutron and they all don't have these problems. I can access them in the Wemo app and they work from there, and I can link my account fine and assign the devices to rooms, but Google Assistant just doesn't work with it, giving the error that Wemo is unavailable. Problem seemed to start after the recent firmware update.

Just got my wemo set up earlier today and things went fine. Linked to my google home account and was able to use just fine. Got home an hour ago and it gave me problems using google home - said it couldn’t connect to wemo. Go into google Home app and it says my wemo devices are offline (all 3). Can control each just fine though wemo app. I updated firmware and have apps updated. I unlinked wemo from google Home and now I’m unable to link them to google Home again. Very frustrated as I was very excited to use these!

I'm having the same issues as these guys. I've already unlinked and relinked my wemo account with google home. For quite some time it worked. Then a few hours, google home started saying "it looks like wemo is unavailable right now"

Via the wemo app, i can turn my devices on and off

Via the google home app it's showing "unavailable"

I have other devices (e.g. nest hello, and thermostat) and i am able to control it via google home app and their respective apps

Hi Wemo Support,

Not good, not good.  Another Wemo issue.  My Google Home mini cannot connect to Wemo.  Is this another cloud issue?

Kindly assist ASAP.  Its New Year 2019 soon, hopefully it will be resolved soon, or give updates to your valued customers.  Thank you.

+1 to the WeMo doesn't work with Google Home group...seems to be a repetitive and annoying issues. Rethinking my purchase.

Same problem here and as of today I've added a new wemo smart switch. Google home seems to force me to unlink the wemo app and link again. Now at the last setup screen after google home detected my on/off switching the linking process crashes! Now I'm dead with none of it working. Flashes quick message saying "can not save setting". Restart phone..cleaned data..nothing fixes the crash

+1
My smart plugs have been working fine all week. This evening Google Home told me it was having trouble connecting with WeMo. I tried unlinking accounts, resetting the smart plugs. The smart plugs work fine within the WeMo app, and I can begin to connect Google Assistant with the devices (it detects the device when I manually turn it on or off), but when it switches back to Google Home to complete the link, I get an error telling me to check the connection. Firmware is up to date on both smart plugs and on Google Home.

These are my bedroom lights. I bought them because of their advertised compatibility with Google Home. If this is going to be a recurring issue, I will be returning these plugs to the store. I went with WeMo because Belkin has been reliable in the past, but having the same issue twice in a month is unacceptable. Get this fixed asap!!!

Same issue at my home. Lots of this going around today. Does not seem like an isolated issue.