WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wemo Insight Smart Plug use and size

[ Edited ]

I am in the states, have two Wemo insight smart plugs.  Couple items.

1. These things are a bit big.  I have a 4 plug wall socket and wanted to put two of them side by side.  With one installed it touched the standard cable that was plugged into the slot next to it so no way I was going to be able to install a second one.  Not sure if I can put one in the top left and the other bottom right if it will leave things open.  Need to test.  That said, is there any issue with using a 6 inch extension cable so these things aren't directly plugged in the wall so I can still have access to the other plugs and plus maybe use both of these?  Concerned if they are hanging the cords will unplug but willing to chance it.

2. I have 6 year old Electrolux washer and dryer.  Will these plugs work OK with them?  Hoping based on the size, they can handle the wattage.  

Note:  I am trying to monitor power going thru them, hense the reason for this model.

Thanks.

JR

Re: Wemo Insight Smart Plug use and size

Hi jriker1. We have no record of issue about using 6 inches extension cable with the Wemo Insight plug. Just make sure that both plugs are setup properly within your network and that both of them can get a stable connection from your router.

Also, the maximum power capacity of Wemo is 15 Amps, 1800 Watts at 120 Volts U.S. You can also check out this link for more information about your Wemo Insight Plug.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Re: Wemo Insight Smart Plug use and size

Thanks Mark.  My washer is 1100 watts and gas dryer is 1000 watts so should be good.

Thanks.

JR