WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Insight Switch Notifications

Does anybody know if it is possible Wemo app to notify Only when Wemo switch is on/off,not the device that is plugged in?I tried with wemo notifications,with IFTTT but I receive them every time the device is on/off.I connected couple of heaters to switch on/off remotely and want to be notified only when wemo is on and off.

Re: Wemo Insight Switch Notifications

Hello, dimodimov,

The Usage Alerts rule on the Wemo Insight switch alerts you when the Insight switch is turned On, Off or when the power has been On for a duration of your choice.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

“For example, you can monitor how long the TV has been ON or how long a game console has been OFF”. Wemo detects when the device is on/off.My heater switches every minute on then off and every time I receive notifications.Sometimes hundreds of them.I try with a day notification to restrict them but it does not work properly.What I want is to be notified when Wemo is on/off and not the device plugged in.

Highlighted

@dimodimov,

The link we've provided above will guide you on how to set up the notification rule. If you have other questions about the Wemo Insight or the rules, please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference.

• full name
  • username
  • phone number
  • state/country
  • Wemo insight current firmware
  • Wemo app and mobile OS version

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support