WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo bridge always needs to be restarted

I  was an early adopter in buying the Wemo bridge. I have barely used it because I have found that it needs to be restarted every day or two in order to stay functioning. It works fine after I power cycle it, and the next time I tried to use it later on, it does not respond when using Siri voice command. I mainly use Alexa to turn on and off the lights, and the time I use Siri , I find that the bridge is not responding. Has anyone else had this problem? The bridge is so unreliable it is useless!

Re: Wemo bridge always needs to be restarted

@Kenfused wrote:

I  was an early adopter in buying the Wemo bridge. I have barely used it because I have found that it needs to be restarted every day or two in order to stay functioning. It works fine after I power cycle it, and the next time I tried to use it later on, it does not respond when using Siri voice command. I mainly use Alexa to turn on and off the lights, and the time I use Siri , I find that the bridge is not responding. Has anyone else had this problem? The bridge is so unreliable it is useless!

Hello there, Kenfused. We'd like to have an overview about this matter. When did you notice this occurrence? How did you identify that the Wemo bridge is not functioning? Are the Wemo devices connected to the bridge not working on Homekit? We'd like to verify the status of it's LED indicator so we can check on it. Also, this article may help you to troubleshoot the Wemo device.  

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support