WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Bathroom fan timer

by hlclark78 on ‎12-10-2018 03:13 PM
It would be nice to see a Bathroom fan timer. In terms of elections, the basic WEMO switch would work, but having some visual feedback from the switch would be ideal.

For me, Bathrooms are one of the easiest and most wanted areas in my life for home-automation. When the shower is turned on, I want my bathroom exhaust fan to run. If someone’s is at the sink I want the hot-water circulation pump to run. If someone is using the toilet I want the fan to trigger. (My Dyson air-filters can turn on if someone has gas in a room by sensing changes in air chemistry.) Unfortunately, there isn’t an ecosystem of products to perform all of these tasks. Smiley Happy
Comments
by txmmoore
on ‎12-20-2018 07:18 AM

I agree to some degree.  I think the fix would be VERY easy.  Belkin should have a rule that after a switch turns on or off, there is a timer in the back ground that will run for a designated time then the switch will change states.  For example, you turn on a light and in the background a timer runs for say 15 minutes then the switch turns off.  I guess the only problem with this is if you are still in the room and the lights go out?  Or, have a piezo alert built into the switch that will sound about 30 seconds before it changes state.